Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer Administration
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Driver will support the UCC Head Office in the provision of transport services and maintain vehicles in line with the Commission’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The driver will collect and deliver commission personnel and items to and from the commission in line with laid out procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date records of vehicles movement, performance and maintenance in line with the Commission’s mission.
- Follow-up and ensure planned routine servicing, maintenance of the commission’s vehicle in line with the directorate’s mission.
- Ensure the vehicles movements are in line with the laws and regulations to ensure security and safety.
- Prepare and send regular reports on the conditions and performance of vehicles as required by the fleet management policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The driver must at least hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) certificate. Possession of a Diploma in motor vehicle mechanics and certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage
- The applicant should also hold a clean valid driver’s License;
- At least five years’ experience in driving in a similar corporate setting Skills, Knowledge
- Good driving skills
- Possess defensive driving skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High degree of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs including all scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline