Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Administrator
Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) is one of the constituent research institutions under the Uganda National Health Research Organization (UNHRO). UVRI’s mission is to carry out scientific investigations concerning communicable diseases of public health importance and to advise the Uganda government on strategies for their control and prevention.
About ICAP Project:
Uganda Virus Research Institute has signed a MoU with the International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) of Columbia University to conduct a national Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) in Uganda. This survey will provide critical information on the state of the HIV epidemic in Uganda and help shape policies and programs to address the epidemic.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive project and other assigned vehicles as required and take appropriate care of them.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport project staff and other persons as instructed
- Transport materials and other types of cargo as assigned by appropriate authorities of the project
- Ensure safety of passengers and cargo at all times
- The incumbent will also ensure maximum safety and security of vehicle and accessories under his/her charge
- Regularly monitor condition of vehicle and promptly report the condition to superiors, and assist in making necessary arrangements for repairs and servicing
- Perform minor vehicle adjustments and repairs in accordance with the policies of the project
- Maintain accurate vehicle records of all trips, fuel fill ups, time and mileage readings
- Report any accident the vehicle gets involved in to the supervisor and police as required
- Perform any other duties reasonably assigned by the Administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Driver should at least hold a Uganda Certificate of Education
- Possession of a Driving Permit with classes B and CM
- A certificate in defensive driving
- A minimum of four years’ experience as a Driver in a reputable organisation
- Basic technical knowledge of motor vehicle operations
- Broad knowledge of Road signs, Traffic laws and rules
- Knowledge of First Aid skills and vehicle fuel economy
- Courtesy, Patience and good time keeping are necessary.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, updated CVs, including names of two work-related referees indicating their contacts with e-mail and phone numbers to the address below;
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe. Uganda
Or hand deliver to the office Plot 51-59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe.
Deadline: Wednesday 8th June 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline