Job Title: District Administrator
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Church-Kyengera, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent plans, coordinates and oversees activities required for the smooth running of events at the district.
- Supports the planning and budgeting for the activities at the district plus ensures the church is ready for all scheduled activities in time
- Coordinates and support ministry leaders in all their scheduled activities
- Maintains a consolidated list of volunteers
- Requisitions weekly stationery and supplies needed at the district.
- Handles staff welfare issues e.g. lunch and other refreshments uniforms for staff at the district
- Keeps a register of all the assets in the district
- Manages the funds and accounts for the money disbursed for operations at the district
- Receives and receipts midweek collection and venue booking fees for the district venues, and hand over to the finance team for banking
- Conducts staff appraisals, ensures that staff undergo relevant training, coaching and mentoring
- Ensures compliance to the policies and standard operating procedures
- Prepares a schedule of annual leave appropriately and ensure adequate security cover at all times
- The incumbent chairs and coordinates meetings of staff
- Disseminates information within and across departments and levels of management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Watoto District Administrator job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or a related degree
- A minimum of three years of related working experience in a recognized organisation/company
- Well organized
- Effective time keeping skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Possess a high level of commitment to accuracy
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to email@example.com (Subject Line: District Administrator- Kyengera - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 13th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline