Job Title: Deputy Executive Director - Technical
Organisation: Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Civil Aviation, Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) is a specialized technical Institution of the East African Community with its headquarters in Entebbe, Uganda. The Institution is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the development of a safe and secure civil aviation system in the region.
Job Summary: The Deputy Executive Director-Technical is a senior management position under the supervision of the Executive Director. The primary purpose of the job is to develop, promote and coordinate implementation of sustainable civil aviation safety and security oversight systems in the EAC Partner States as directed by the EAC-CASSOA Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder coordinates the production and dissemination of the EAC Safety and Security publications;
- Manages the implementation of East African Civil Aviation Examination System
- Oversees the implementation of State Safety Programmes and Safety Management Systems within the EAC Partner States.
- Coordinates the dissemination of aviation safety and security regulations and technical guidance materials to the Partner States;
- Coordinates training activities including development and updating of technical training manuals and guidance material;
- Manages the collection and collation of aviation safety and security material required for the development of guidance material, training, seminars and workshops;
- Maintains up to date records of available aviation safety and security inspectors, aircraft register, licensed aviation personnel, and a list of air operators (AOC holders, AMOs, ATOs) among other relevant records in the region;
- Coordinates the sensitisation of aviation stakeholders and consideration of their comments on the CASSOA harmonised aviation safety and security regulations and technical guidance materials;
- The jobholder ensures that logistics required for seminars, workshops and training courses are up to date and readily available;
- Ensures timely production and distribution of the Agency’s deliverables such as reports, regulations, technical guidance materials, and timely sensitive correspondence with the Partner States and international civil aviation bodies;
- Stays abreast with developments and trends in the specialized field of concern to the Agency by reviewing among others, the relevant periodicals, reports and manuals;
- The jobholder manages the development and implementation of plans and strategies that lead to increased cooperation in safety and security oversight;
- Mentors, supervises and assesses the technical staff under his/her supervision;
- Performs other assignments as directed by the Executive Director;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field of aviation/related discipline from a recognized university.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the aviation industry, five of which are at a senior managerial level and/or leadership position.
- Possess a wide knowledge in flight safety, flight operations, airports management, and aircraft maintenance.
- Adequate knowledge of ICAO systems and procedures.
- Basic working knowledge and experience in financial and human resource management and administration.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially of Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong teamwork, ethic, positive, flexible attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Age: Below 55 years old by 1st July, 2016
NB: The Agency is kindly requesting all applicants whose applications were sent via email at email@example.com between 15th March and 3rd April 2016 and did not get acknowledgment of receipts in their emails, to resend their applications again to the same email address firstname.lastname@example.org or their application hard copies to EACCASSOA office at the address below.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for either by registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) and dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of national IDs or passports, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
P.O. Box 873, Entebbe Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
- Applicants who SENT HARDCOPIES OF THEIR APPLICATIONS SHOULD NOT RESEND their application documents.
- Only applicants who sent their applications VIA EMAIL BEFORE 4TH APRIL 2016 ARE REQUESTED TO RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Applicants who sent applications VIA EMAIL AND RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPTS SHOULD NOT RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Please do not send multiple applications.
- Attachments for email applications should be in PDF FORMAT.
- THE POSITION APPLIED FOR AND THE REFERENCE NUMBER should be clearly mentioned in the email subject or on left hand top corner of the envelope.