Job Title: Debt Controller and AR Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 85 countries. It has revenues in excess of £1Bn and employs over 16,000 staff worldwide. Ipsos provides research services and strategic insights to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organisations. Ipsos is organized in each country of operation across its global business lines and its functions, in a matrix organization that is designed to achieve operational excellence, functional expertise and client satisfaction.
Job Summary: The Debt Controller and AR Accountant will manage the credit control function, within the overall Finance function, and take charge of the accounts receivables to deliver collections in line with the credit policy of the company, and ensures the accuracy of all debtors’ records in the business. The incumbent will achieve set targets for free cash performance within the expectations outlined and liaise with the CFO and business line managers in constant review of debtors and ensuring compliance aiming to strengthen credit control systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achievement of Cash & debtor Monthly collection targets set by the company and reporting performance as per WSBL
- Hold regular meetings with Project Managers and Client Service Executives to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Enhance and implement a credit risk management policy to hedge the company against bad debts and to review the debtors’ age analysis regularly and ensure all overdue debts are collected. Ensure that all transactions are compliant with the company credit policies
- Prepare daily and adhoc management reports regarding aged debtors lists with timely dispatch of customer monthly statements
- Issuance of receipts for cash and cheque payments received and ensures that cheques and cash are banked within 24 hours of receipt. Post receipts to debtors account and allocate to individual account as required.
- Raising invoices and ensure timely dispatch with timely response to internal and external client queries
- Clean-up of all old debtors accounts while conducting weekly debt collection meetings and give daily debt collection reports in the weekly meetings
- Keenly track and produce monthly reports on the movement of Inter-company balances
- Ensure effective and timely debt collection hence healthy cash flow position
- Perform constant and effective client vetting and advise who and who should not be given credit. Recommend files for transfer to the Debt Recovery services
- Manage accounts receivables and other finance function as may be prescribed by management from time to time
- Perform any other tasks that maybe assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Ipsos Debt Controller and AR Accountant job placement should hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business course.
- Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA (on going will be considered)
- At least two years’ experience in financial management and at least two years' experience in a credit control department in a busy environment
- Broad knowledge and understanding of accounts procedures, client ledgers, disbursements and office accounts
- Possess a good understanding of Excel, Word, power point and general computer proficiency
- Ability to manage and prioritize an extensive workload
- Excellent skills in documentation and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills at all levels
- High standard of numeracy, analytical skills, accuracy with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to recognize potential risks to the company that should be escalated
- A good team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieve goals
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs detailing experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to; email@example.com. Please include “Debt Controller and AR accountant - Uganda” in the cover letter and email subject header.
NB: Application will not be considered if covering letter is not attached.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline