Job Title: Data Manager
Organisation: Children’s AIDS Fund - CAF Uganda (CAF U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Specialist
About CAF U:
Children’s AIDS Fund - CAF Uganda (CAF U) is registered as a local organization in Uganda, dedicated to limiting suffering of HIV-impacted children and families. We provide comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, care, and support and prevention services through effective programming, integration, decentralization, strategic partnerships/collaboration and referral linkages. CAF U is committed to a cost-effective, innovative and sustainable model for the scale up of national HIV programs, Health Systems Strengthening and harmonization with Ministry Of Health guidelines and the Government of Uganda policy of Public Private Partnerships for Health. CAF U is supporting eight HIV treatment sites providing more than 26,000 clients with services including: Comprehensive HIV Care and treatment I services, including, HCT, ART, TB/HIV PMTCT EID as well as community outreach and complementary services for sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and maternal Child Health (MCH).
The HIV treatment sites are Family Hope Centre Kampala (FHCK), Family Hope Centre Jinja (FHCJ), Kabwohe Clinical Research Centre (KCRC), Alive Medical Services, Namugongo Fund for Special Children, Nurture Africa, Buwenge Hospital and Health Center (BHHC), and Bushenyi Medical Centre (BMC).
Job Summary: The Data Manager will primarily oversee and analyze data through review, computerization, cleaning and auditing/ validation of data and data bases in compliance with standard operating procedures, guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will compile, analyze and disseminate data from each of the project technical areas and support technical data staff.
- Keenly review, analyze, and validate data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Assist with pitches and presentations as appropriate.
- Regularly monitor the overall quality and consistency of data analysis, outputs and reports.
- Ensure suitable communication/updates are being provided to internal and external teams on the status of ongoing work.
- Build the capacity of data management staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an advanced degree in Statistics, Demography, Epidemiology, Bio-statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer science, or a related field;
- A minimum of three years of data management experience;
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g., Oracle-based systems and other databases)
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluating health and/or development programs.
- Ability to contribute to the technical capacity-building efforts of CAF partners and to work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Proven ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with project staff, CDC, MOH, consultants, and international organizations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of MoH HMIS Tools, DHIS2, OVCMIS and Open MRS.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their cover letters and updated resumes (CVs) with relevant testimonials/certificates to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Plot 36, Ntinda II Road,
P. O. Box 7633 Kampala Uganda,
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline