Job Title: Country Director
Organisation: Pastors Discipleship Network (PDN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pastors Discipleship Network is a registered international non-profit organization that exists to transform Africa by deepening the church through equipping African pastors. Established in 2009, PDN has grown to become a significant influence in East Africa, touching thousands of lives. Today, PDN celebrates over 4,000 pastors trained and 1,500 pastors’ wives equipped through our seminary-lite and essential ministry skills training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Country Director is the most senior post in the PDN Uganda organisation and will be responsible for the following;
- Providing strategic leadership by ensuring the full implementation and execution of PDN’s current strategic plan.
- Ensure organisational integrity through a unified, values-driven culture.
- Lead the PDN Uganda management team in the development of multi-year business plans that provide a clear operational framework for the achievement of PDN’s strategy.
- Manage the development and implementation of plans for a sustainable increase in income for the organization.
- Provide analysis and anticipate shifts in the external environment that will provide both opportunities and risks for the mission of Pastors Discipleship Network.
- Actively promote PDN among external audiences and raise profile based on the quality and strength of PDN’s work as well as influence external profile and brand reputation.
- Develop and maintain high level external relations, including major donors and political decision makers.
- Build strategic alliances and partnerships with like-minded organisations that are seeking to transform Africa through empowering the church.
- Work closely with the PDN Uganda Board Chair to ensure that the Board is accountable, well informed and strategically supported to make informed decisions.
- Interact and participate with pastors’ groups/fellowships
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Preferred)
- Vibrant and principled leadership that is both inspiring and transformational
- Humility and empathy to embrace the strength of past successes whilst driving a process of continuous improvement
- Commercial acumen and Christian-politics savvy to be outward looking and able to protect PDN’s interests in complex times of conflict
- Physical and emotional resilience to work under pressure and pace of change
- Should align doctrinally with PDN’s doctrinal statement, but with flexibility for being a non-denominational organization.
- Should have solid godly character with excellent references as to character
- Some theological training - degree preferred
- The applicant must be a mature Male, between the ages of 35-45 years old
Strategic and Organisational Leadership:
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, and experience of managing organisational development and change.
- Prepared to provide hands-on support and mentorship to direct reports.
- Personal integrity and management experience to create a leadership culture of trust, openness and accountability for performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams through a commitment to delegation and empowerment, clarity of individual responsibilities, and their related areas of personal or collective accountability.
- Sensitive to internal workings of a multi-cultural and multi-national organisation and ability to navigate the internal structures to the benefit of project delivery.
- Demonstrable commitment to consultative leadership
- Ability to represent the organisation to national and international stakeholders
- Outstanding communication and advocacy skills to influence at the highest levels and engage with diverse audiences and media
- Ability to articulate PDN’s core strengths in a way that is both compelling and clear to potential donors
- Ability to build strong and productive relationships with major donors, corporates, foundations and institutional donors
- Passionate about deepening the church through equipping pastors, pastors spouses and Christian leaders
- Sophisticated understanding of international development with a deep commitment to seeing PDN thrive on the international platform
- Awareness of the particular issues facing African pastors and how PDN’s work can best improve their lives
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants must initially submit the following: Detailed CV, Cover letter and an attachment of academic transcripts and other certificates from attended trainings to the following address: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline