Organisation: Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is a pioneer in the field of strategic, research based communication for behavior change and health promotion that has helped transform the theory and practice of public health.
CCP is working with the Carter Center and (MOESTS) – Basic Education Department to integrate trachoma prevention communication (face washing) in the existing National School Sanitation Guidelines. The updated guidelines will be used to facilitate school based activities to improve hygiene, sanitation, and trachoma prevention at schools with possible extension to the families and communities through school going children. The Carter Center and CCP are implementing a program to support the Ministry of Education and Sports MoESTS) (Basic Education Department) to integrate trachoma communication in the National School Sanitation Guidelines.
Job Summary: The Consultant will support the MOES to update the National School Sanitation Guidelines. The jobholder will provide technical leadership for the process of reviewing and updating the National School Sanitation guidelines in particular, but not limited to integrate Trachoma prevention into the guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Specifically, the consultant will provide the following services:
- Review content of the current guidelines and other relevant documents for instance, Government White Paper on Education, National sanitation guidelines, communication materials of facial cleanliness and environmental hygiene among others.
- Develop framework to guide the review process and discuss it with CCP and the MoESTS (Basic Education Department).
- Prepare materials in consultation with CCP and MoESTS (Basic Education Department) for a 2-day meeting to review the National School Sanitation Guidelines with key stakeholders.
- Organize and facilitate the review meetings.
- Prepare and present the draft report to Basic Education Working group (BEWG) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Working Group for approval.
- The Consultant will revise the National School Sanitation Guidelines according to recommendations from the working group meetings.
- Submit soft and hard copy of the updated guidelines to CCP for onward submission to MoEST for approval.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in education, mass communication, public health or related field. Possession of a post graduate degree or diploma in health or sanitation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in developing policies, strategies or guidelines for education, health or sanitation.
- Good English writing skills.
- The applicant must be a Ugandan citizen or resident carrying a valid work or residency permit.
Duration: This assignment will take place between June, 2016 and September 30 2016. The duration of the task should not exceed 40 days.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and electronic samples of guidelines or related materials they have reviewed or developed. The electronic sample should be supplied in PDF format. If it is very large, please share via a Dropbox link. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016 by 5:00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline