Job Title: Compliance Manager
Organisation: Equity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Ref: EBUL 03/2016
About Equity Bank:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modem, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region.
Job Summary: The Compliance Manager will mainly be responsible for the planning and coordinating the Bank’s compliance agenda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess the compliance risk associated with the organization’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business-relationships and any extension of operations or network;
- The incumbent will identify and keep an inventory available to all staff of all essential laws and regulations pertinent to the organization;
- Guide the management on any emerging and applicable laws, regulation, rules and standards
- Establish written guidelines to staff and service providers on the appropriate implementation of reaching its as far as is the laws, regulations, rules and standards through policies and procedures (compliance manual, code of conduct);
- The incumbent will also essess the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guideline, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendments, where necessary, and superintend the implementation of agreed the corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies
- Keenly monitor compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessment and testing; report the results on a regular basis and promptly as necessary to management and, where necessary, the Board of Directors;
- Sensitize staff with respect to compliance with the applicable laws, rules and standards and act as advisor on compliance queries from staff members and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters; exercise any specific legal responsibilities such as reporting suspicious transactions related to money laundering.
- Establish and / or supervise appropriate compliance checks and controls.
- Develop and maintain an effective support mechanism to enable closure of all compliance related exceptions raised within the Bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Equity Bank Compliance Manager job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized university.
- Five or more years of post-qualification experience in Compliance assessment/enforcement, preferably in the financial services sector or busy commercial environment;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Strong leadership skills; strong commercial awareness on the applicable laws;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High personal drive;
- Successful track record in the field of compliance.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are interested in joining the banking sector at Equity Bank, please send your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the Job Title or Ref. No. (Check at the Top of Advert) to: email@example.com to post to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Equity Bank (U) Ltd,
P.O. Box 10184 Kampala
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline