Job Title: Communications Manager
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established by statutory mandate in 1991. UCDA’s Vision is to have “A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation.” UCDA’s mission is “To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption.”
Job Summary: The Communications Manager will be in charge of developing and implementing strategies, plans and programs relating to public communication, stakeholder management and community relations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop UCDA’s communication strategy and manage its implementation in line with established guidelines.
- Provide direct and proactive advice, consultation, and assistance to senior management in the development and implementation of key messages and media relations strategies.
- The incumbent will identify appropriate stakeholders, and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Develop assigned program budgets and work plans and monitor their implementation in line with the established procedures and guidelines.
- Direct and oversee the overall news and multimedia relations for UCDA, and serve as public information contact for UCDA.
- The incumbent will serve as community relations liaison for UCDA.
- Develop, monitor, and oversee the production of print materials and publications.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to Management as per established reporting guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree with honours in Mass Communication, Journalism, Media Studies or Public Relations.
- The applicant should also hold a post graduate qualification in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Information Science or related field; ,
- At least five years of related experience, three (3) years of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with both local and international coffee stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualise, design and implement major communication campaigns;
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communications products in a clear and concise style.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA),
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: The interested applicants must also submit with their applications verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 23rd May 2016 by 17.00 Hours
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline