Job Title: Communication, PR and Advocacy Officer
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Uganda
Report to: PR Advocacy and Partnerships Coordinator
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Uganda (Baylor -Uganda) is a private not for profit NGO that provides: HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services; maternal child health services; Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
Job Summary: The Communication, PR and Advocacy Officer will be in charge of the implementation and evaluation of Baylor-Uganda’s advocacy interventions then communicate key issues to the key stakeholders in line with the Baylor-Uganda advocacy and communications policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scan the social environment to identify issues in society that can affect Baylor-Uganda's mission in supported regions and come up with advocacy related interventions in the communities in line with the Baylor-Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Build and maintain strong alliances and networks with public and private partner organizations for concerted advocacy efforts and greater participation in policy dialogue in line with the Baylor-Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Take Photograph, Video record, document and share experiences arising from advocacy interventions with the supervisor and other key stakeholders in line with the Baylor-Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Build the capacity of Baylor-Uganda staff in advocacy, partnering and networking as per the identified needs in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy
- The incumbent will draft and submit Information, Education, Communication materials for communication and Advocacy on HIV care, treatment and prevention to the supervisor in accordance with the key principals of communication.
- Actively participate in carrying out advocacy campaigns on issues related to HIV care, treatment and prevention and other emerging priorities in line with the Baylor-Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Build an operational activity plan, and budget for Advocacy and communications issues in line with the unit plan/BSC and Baylor-Uganda financial policy.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly performance reports to the supervisor in line with the Baylor-Uganda and reporting
- Develop fundable research proposals for advocacy programs and carry out advocacy oriented research that will advance HIV/AIDS free society and adherence to care and treatment for the HIV/AIDS families in accordance with the Baylor-Uganda proposal writing guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an honors degree in Mass Communication (Public Relations/Media, Communication) or any related degree. A relevant post graduate qualification in Communication, advocacy & documentation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a reputable Non-Governmental Organization
- Working knowledge of project planning & management principles of donor guidelines with strong understanding of Communication and Advocacy issues.
- Good team ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good networking and partnership skills.
- The applicant must be dynamic, persuasive and convincing, self- motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- She/he must have published some articles, stories and presentations.
- Age: 23-45 years old.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline