Job Title: Coffee Agronomist
Organisation: Olam Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager - Coffee
Olam Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Olam International which is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, supplying various products across 16 platforms in 70 countries.
Job Summary: The Coffee Agronomist will be responsible for providing excellent and timely advice on all aspects related to Uganda coffee yields, production, rain pattern and issues related to it through regular visit, field inspections of crop, soil etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct field inspections to identify/show soil or coffee crop problems and provide such reports to management immediately after these field inspection during the growing season.
- Make projections of potential crop yield per season and report
- Meet to provide advice and assistance to coffee farmers on behalf of Olam (U) Ltd in planning crop rotations, crop variety selection, review soil test reports and develop fertilizer management plans and seeding plans.
- Conduct soil sampling, testing and interpretation and sharing knowledge about soil fertility, fertilizer management, weeds, registered herbicides, diseases, registered fungicides, insect pesticides for Arabica coffee crop.
- Handle projects to increase in crop yield, link farmers with financial institutions, research institute, supply chain system.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the Branch Manager – Coffee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture; specialization in soil, plant or crop science or agronomy
- A minimum of five years’ experience.
- Working knowledge related to coffee crop and Uganda in particular is added advantage.
- Must have rich experience of working in field with the farmers. Must fit with farm operations, Coffee crop and farm management philosophy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS office package
- Proven ability to make PPT and write projects and progress reports.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV to; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send an updated CV and don’t attach academic documents. The attachments should not exceed 2 MBs.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline