Job Title: Civil Society and Civic Engagement Expert
Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project Name: Governance Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About GAPP Project:
The decentralization in Uganda has been described by some as a cornerstone of democratic governance, yet for others it failed to deliver on the promise of effective democratic governance, improved service delivery, increased accountability and citizen engagement at the local level. Since November 2012, USAID/Uganda (and later with DFID’s funding support) support a seven year Governance, Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP) Activity, implemented by RTI International with its consortium partners, namely: Development Alternatives Inc. and Development and Training Services. The objectives of GAPP is to enhance accountability within local government institutions; to strengthen the Government of Uganda accountability institutions; to improve local government governance; and to support civil society organizations.
Purpose of the Assessment: This evaluation will review GAPP performance between December 2012 and July 2016. The purpose of the mid-term evaluation is access if GAPP interventions increased accountability and improved service delivery and therefore be deepened or if to the contrary should be re-directed in the subsequent annual work planning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Civil Society and Civic Engagement Expert will provide sectoral context and advice on the evaluation design, data collection tools and data analysis.
- Actively participate in the evaluation design, as well as subsequent analyses and research for the three components of the program.
- Review civil society and civic engagement literature.
- Contribute to the preparation of the inception report
- Provide civil society and civic engagement specific questions from the general questions in the SOW
- Participate in fieldwork (data collection)
- Analyze and interpret of civil society and civic engagement data
- Develop findings, conclusions and recommendations based on evidence.
- Contribute to periodic briefings and updates on the evaluation.
- Participate in the presentation of results and all stakeholder engagements
- Contribute to the final report in concert with other team members that meet USAID and DFID’s quality standards.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to email@example.com with the subject line as “ATTN: Civil Society and Civic Engagement Expert.”
Deadline: Friday, 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline