Job Title: Business Manager
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17342
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Business Manager will provide a proactive business banking sales and relationship management function that will retain and grow a portfolio of SME customers by identifying and implementing value adding and specialised business banking financial product solutions from a range of standard and/or customised offerings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of all customer in the portfolio
- Execute the Commercial Banking Customer Value Proposition (CVP), Industry Value Propositions (IVPs) and other agreed initiatives
- Relationship and portfolio management
- Grow and retain a portfolio of high value Commercial Banking relationships
- Achievement of the financial and non-financial targets for the portfolio.
- Lending support and risk management
- Ensure legislative compliance
- People management
Profitable Growth in Sales:
- Proactively acquire new client relationships and open new business accounts on a face-to face basis.
- Cross-sell additional value adding products and services to existing customers to assist them in growing their businesses.
- Identify and refers sales leads to business stakeholders, e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Bancassurance, Global Markets, Trade Finance, Private Banking, CPL, etc.
- Analyses existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities utilising available MIS and contact management strategy.
- Analysing SME portfolio potential and client share-of-wallet to build an effective sales pipeline.
- Serve as a preferred point contact for all new business leads referred by branches and other business units.
- Develops and implements a client-calling schedule in line with Customer Value Proposition (CVP).
- Carefully manage and monitor concessions to prevent revenue leakage.
- Formulate and ensure implementation of sales action plans for a portfolio of SME clients that will facilitate the achievement of business objectives.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the local SME market and ensure that suitable tactics are implemented to address concerns and maximize strengths.
- Ensure effective Business/Personal interplay between SME and other relevant stakeholder i.e. Private banking, Executive, Silver. to maximize sales opportunities and leads.
- Ensure regular feedback around sales figures, sales initiatives, and client contacts (calling programs and visits) to Regional manager and SME Head.
- Identifies opportunities to migrate top-end relationships to Commercial or CIB.
- Promote and sell a range of banking product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of customer base by leveraging off campaigns and leads generated from CCC and the Local markets initiatives
- Contacts potential and existing customers from leads provided to position the product or service offering based on the campaign brief including primary as well as cross-sell mix
- Acquire and open new business accounts and cross additional products and services according to customer needs by identifying and referring sales leads to other business stakeholders including Vehicle & Asset, Finance, Electronic banking, Card, Home loans and others
- Implement sales campaigns, techniques and tactics in a planned manner to achieve sales targets
- Proactively create business opportunities by engaging in Business development meetings and local markets initiatives sessions to understand key business drivers, influences and competitor activity
- Contacts potential and existing customers from leads provided to position the product or service offering based
- Answer/handle customer inquiries and requests across all mediums accurately and within agreed service times.
- Providing proactive and superior customer service as measured by customer feedback/customer satisfaction surveys, including Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) surveys.
- Provides central information/ query service point for the portfolio.
- Performs a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Carry out Know Your Customer as per defined procedures and compliance requirements
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when selling advances or giving product advice, in line with regulatory requirements.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Carry out a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
- Ensures the adherence to all internal risk related policies and guidelines, including KYC.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of local financial legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Utilise a comprehensive knowledge of lending products, and the client’s business to recommend appropriate financing options and solutions to clients.
- Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements, e. g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts.
- Motivate and submit non-scored and scored credit applications.
- Notifies customers regarding the approval/decline of credit loan facilities and keep customers informed throughout the process.
- Monitors daily referrals to ensure that client facilities are managed within the set parameters.
- Exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Plans and implements annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Stanbic Bank policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Business Manager job placement should hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university. Possession of a first degree in relevant field of study (Accounting, Finance, Credit etc.)
- A minimum of three to four years of related experience
- Previous experience as a Business Banker/managing a portfolio in the small business environment is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the SME market and/or previous experience as an Account Analyst responsible for servicing business clients and preparing Credit applications.
- Proven successful sales track record in the financial services industry.
- Comprehensive credit/risk management experience
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 2nd June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline