Organisation: United States Government Peace Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Announcement Number: VA 2016-009
About Peace Corps:
The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government, which sends American Volunteer development workers to assist in capacity building and technical assistance activities in over 70 countries worldwide. Peace Corps Uganda invites applicants for the position listed above which is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Job Summary: The Back up Provider (Peace Corps Medical Officer) will provide direct patient care, referrals to outside medical consultants or facilities, i.e. hospital or emergency department, depending on the specific in-country arrangements, and assist with administrative duties and health education when indicated. The back-up provider shall be available around-the-clock by telephone or be present in the Health Unit. He/she may also be required to provide consultative or prescriptive services to RN PCMOs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably be Graduate of accredited school. MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research http://www.faimer.org/resources/imed.html
- Current license to practice
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a professional practice, hospital or clinic setting
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral/written English
- Prior experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
- Past exposure and experience in training design and presentation of health related material
- Computer literacy i.e. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to sites in Uganda
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ugandan work permit required
Please download and submit these forms as part of the application.
- PCMO Application form, download here
- PCMO Applicant skills survey, download here
- Clinical Privileges form, download here
- Standard Reference form, download here
How to Apply:
ALL submissions must be electronic. (Please do not attach academic credentials to the email)
Please submit a Microsoft Word formatted letter of interest, resume, names and contacts information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line of your cover email in this format "Surname FirstName_Position Title" e.g. Katungu Bonita_ Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO)." Submitted documents become the property of Peace Corps and will not be returned. If called for an interview, you will be expected to bring copies of your academic credentials. Finalists from the first interview will be expected to bring a reference letter from their Local Council (LC1) as part of the final review process.
Deadline: 26th May, 2016 by 4:45 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline