Job Title: Aviation Security Officer
Organisation: Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director-Technical
The Civil Aviation, Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) is a specialized technical Institution of the East African Community with its headquarters in Entebbe, Uganda. The Institution is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the development of a safe and secure civil aviation system in the region.
Job Summary: The Aviation Security Officer will support all Partner States by conducting their efficient and effective aviation security oversight activities with the objective of enhancing aviation security in compliance with international standards and recommended practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Partner States inspectors in performing aviation security oversight functions, including certification of AVSEC screeners.
- Support the Partner States in the revision and approval of AVSEC regulatory and technical guidance material documents.
- Support Partner States with the development and execution of an annual aviation security surveillance programme in the region, including surveillance of foreign air operators.
- Actively participate in the development of aviation security inspectors’ training programme and provision of the on-the-job training.
- Carry out aviation security technical missions for purposes of evaluating the aviation security oversight status, implementation of harmonised AVSEC regulations including facilitation related to aviation security in the Partner States.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of a regional programme for the training and certification of aviation security screeners.
- Prepare regular regional AVSEC activity reports as required
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in aviation security, three (3) of which must be as an aviation security inspector or supervisor in a Civil Aviation Authority or Airport.
- Working knowledge of responsibilities and administrative procedures for the issuance of documents for approval relating to aviation security functions.
- Working knowledge of the principles of operation and use of aviation security equipment in relation to aerodrome operations.
- Familiarity with aviation security regulations and technical guidance materials.
- Broad working knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices and related documentation as applicable to aviation security.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English language.
- Proficiency in computer use and general IT applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with colleagues and maintain harmonious working relationship in a multinational environment.
- High degree of integrity.
- Age: Below 55 years old by 1st July, 2016
NB: The Agency is kindly requesting all applicants whose applications were sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org between 15th March and 3rd April 2016 and did not get acknowledgment of receipts in their emails, to resend their applications again to the same email address email@example.com or their application hard copies to EACCASSOA office at the address below.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for either by registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) and dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of national IDs or passports, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
P.O. Box 873, Entebbe Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
- Applicants who SENT HARDCOPIES OF THEIR APPLICATIONS SHOULD NOT RESEND their application documents.
- Only applicants who sent their applications VIA EMAIL BEFORE 4TH APRIL 2016 ARE REQUESTED TO RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Applicants who sent applications VIA EMAIL AND RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPTS SHOULD NOT RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Please do not send multiple applications.
- Attachments for email applications should be in PDF FORMAT.
- THE POSITION APPLIED FOR AND THE REFERENCE NUMBER should be clearly mentioned in the email subject or on left hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline