Job Title: Audit Manager
Organisation: Equity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Job Ref: EBUL 02/2016
About Equity Bank:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modem, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region.
Job Summary: The Audit Manager will support Equity bank in meeting its goals by determining that sufficient controls exist and are functioning to ensure, practical, the orderly and efficient conduct of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing compliance with existing policies, plans and procedures, pronouncements, laws and regulations, and contractual obligations that could have a significant impact upon the Bank’s operations and financial results.
- In charge of reviewing and evaluating the internal control processes and procedures, and management information systems.
- Ensure compliance with the appropriate accounting procedures, controls and standards in respect of the bank's business.
- In charge of the evaluation of the compliance of the Bank with the laws, polices and operating instructions of the organization.
- Carrying out operational reviews and appraising the environment, efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are employed.
- Determining whether results of operations are consistent with established objectives and are being carried out as planned
- In charge of training and sensitization of staff on Audit issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Equity Bank Audit Manager job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification including ACCA, CPA, CISA, etc and with membership to a professions body.
- Five years of post-qualification experience in Audit, preferably in' banking, financial institutions or commercial environment;
How to Apply:
If you believe you are interested in joining the banking sector at Equity Bank, please send your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the Job Title or Ref. No. (Check at the Top of Advert) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to post to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Equity Bank (U) Ltd,
P.O. Box 10184 Kampala
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline