Job Title: Asst. Manager - Cocoa Processing
Organisation: Olam Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Olam Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Olam International which is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, supplying various products across 16 platforms in 70 countries.
Job Summary: The Asst. Manager - Cocoa Processing will be in charge of managing the processing, warehousing, quality assurance and shipping operations of cocoa product, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning daily operations to manage the work load and deliver results as per budgets.
- Handle entire factory operations for cocoa product including, processing, warehousing, quality assurance and shipping.
- Maintain proper documentation to monitor every transaction, and book keeping.
- Create annual budgets for unit expenses, and do capacity planning for the year by understanding the procurement and shipment plan.
- The incumbent will initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, work methods and take corrective actions if necessary.
- Manage all inventories, equipment and consumables closely.
- The incumbent will manage entire team involving direct staff and casual labour as per requirements.
- Create a center of excellence by continuously improving systems, processes and maintaining highly motivated and trained manpower.
- Actively engage peers in other businesses, industries and operations across Olam network to benchmark, learn and incorporate best practices.
- The incumbent will serve as the cocoa product expert to whom the team would look up to in order to seek guidance on handling the product.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a post graduate in management with technical background.
- Seven or more years of processing experience in agri-products like coffee, cocoa, maize, sugar, oil etc.
- Ability to handle large range of activities through teams, independently.
- Hands on experience in handling various processing and warehousing activities.
- Comfortable with technicalities of equipment and processes.
- Very good commercial bent of mind and outcome oriented.
- Willingness to engage peers in order to learn and improve one’s expertise on the subject.
- Inquisitive mind to understand root cause of problems, assess suitable options to experiment and arrive at right solution.
- Ability to motivate and manage varied teams including direct staff and casual labor.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please send an updated CV and don’t attach academic documents. The attachments should not exceed 2 MBs.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline