Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Organisation: British American Tobacco (BAT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to farmer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Summary: The Area Sales Manager’s primary responsibility will be to provide Leadership through Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Management of relationship with both Internal and external stakeholders, coaching of team and development, ownership of infrastructure & processes aimed at Trade Marketing and Distribution (TM&D) excellence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee BAT’s appointed distributor to deliver the volume objectives, grow & defend market share & grow value with Profit & Loss accountability.
- Defend market share through winning portfolio strategy and successful implementation of key brand initiatives in a highly regulated environment.
- The incumbent will be accountable for Performance Management, Learning & Development and Talent Management of BAT Trade Marketing Team and Distributor staff (including Distributor senior management team).
- Deliver area financial objectives by forecasting business requirements; Implementation of pricing strategy, management of annual budget with corrective actions to deliver value
- Effective management of Point of Purchase (POP) activities to reflect cycle planning and brand portfolio strategy
- In charge of the management of Key accounts, Planning & implementation of short & long term strategies in line with overall business objectives
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the entire supply chain for effective secondary chain management, to meet the strategic business objectives; optimization of stocks levels through proper forecasting & re-distribution schedules to heighten working capital and improve efficiency.
- Ensure the BAT & Distributor team in the area operates as per regulatory framework.
- Drive unnecessary costs out of the business and mirror the same for the distributor through business reviews by identifying specific areas of cost reduction.
- Build and maintain a control environment in line with control guidelines and ensure that all audit action points are addressed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the BAT Area Sales Manager should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Business degree in Business Administration / Marketing;
- A minimum of four years’ experience in an FMCG category. Should have held position of Area Manager of similar;
- At least four years TM&D Management with good knowledge of TM&D best practice and demand forecasting;
- Proven people leadership skills with ability to motivate and energize field force team.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British American Tobacco (BAT) should express their interest by applying online.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016