Job Title: Administrative Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Coordinator
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will oversee the administration functions, coordinate and monitor the implementation of administration policies, and ensure that the Programme assets and resources are properly managed and are used to achieve the objectives of the programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administrative Support:
- The jobholder will design, implement, manage and ensure the maintenance of appropriate administrative systems and procedures.
- Keenly monitors and maintains office supplies.
- Establish and maintain filing systems.
- Ensure that all office equipment is well maintained, appropriately utilised and that an appropriate replacement schedule is implemented.
- Coordinates meetings and department events.
- Keenly tracks vacation/sick/absences for the programme.
- Prepares and distributes agendas, minutes, and follows-up as required for specific committees and project meetings.
- Works closely with the Assistant Commissioner Human resource.
- Coordinates the maintenance and repairs of office equipment.
- Develop annual and Quarterly project work plans and procurement plans.
- Ensure timely procurement of office supplies and services and account for funds advanced.
2. Event and Logistics Management:
- Process and coordinate the necessary logistics for effective implementation of Programme activities.
- Organize and Coordinate Meetings, Workshops and other events planned by the Programme.
- The jobholder will manage, supervise, control and maintain an asset register of all programme Logistics, Tools and Equipment.
- Offer support in the production of user documentation (Materials, Presentations and Minutes of the Meetings).
- Ensure all programme equipment is engraved.
3. Vehicle Management:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the UWEP drivers through regular supervision and feedback on performance.
- Ensure, document and follow up management of fleet of vehicles including review and log books and liaise to ensure that vehicles are well managed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Administrative Officer job should preferably be a Ugandan who holds an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Social Work and Social Administration Development Studies BBA and B Com (Management)
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in handling the key tasks above all will be an added advantage.
- Competencies; Interpersonal, Communicating effectively, Ethics and Integrity, Team work, Planning, Organizing and Coordination, Records and Information Management,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline