Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Procurement
Organization: Embassy of Ireland in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Embassy of Ireland is a diplomatic mission that represents the economic, political, cultural and social interests of the Government of Ireland in Uganda. It is responsible for implementing and overseeing Irish Aid Uganda Development Programme, catering for the consular needs of Irish citizens in Uganda and promoting cultural interaction between Ireland and Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant/Procurement will be responsible for all administrative tasks related to the procurement of goods and services, disposal of assets and maintenance of foe asset register at the Embassy. The Embassy of Ireland engages in procurement of goods, services, works and consultancies as required to support the Embassy’s development cooperation programme and Corporate Services Team. The procurement function is managed by a procurement team in liaison with the Finance Division Procurement Unit at headquarters in Ireland to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and value for money in all procurements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage the procurement of goods/services in accordance with procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare and monitor the Annual Procurement Plan.
- In charge of the preparation and review of service contracts between Suppliers and the Embassy.
- Provide technical support and guidance on goods, works and services procurement related processes, and preparation of tenders.
- Convene and record minutes of die Embassy's Procurement Committee.
- Maintain Procurement Registers.
- Lead on disposal of assets and annual return on asset inventory
- Perform any other additional administrative tasks as may be assigned by the Embassy’s senior management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Irish Embassy Administrative Assistant/Procurement Job vacancy should hold Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least three years’ experience in procurement function at an administrative level would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and database programmes
- The applicant must be pleasant, courteous, command a high degree of confidence and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on own initiative as part of a team and across Embassy sections.
- Ability to organise and maintain large amount of detailed information.
- Focused, detail-oriented, and driven to produce secure and stable systems and networks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- High degree of honesty, trustworthiness and confidentiality
- Ability to use sound judgement in assessing situations.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Embassy should apply by forwarding a covering letter of not more than two pages which demonstrates relevant experience. The letter should be accompanied by your Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) detailing qualifications and work experience to date. Please note that the specified page limits will be strictly enforced and any excess pages will be disregarded in appraising your application. The complete applications should be sent via Email only to: Recruitment.Kampala@dfa.ie.
Deadline: 10th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline