Job Title: Accountant: Accounts Receivables
Organization: AAR Healthcare Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
AAR Healthcare Uganda Limited is the largest provider of outpatient health care services in Uganda having begun its operations in 1994. The company is committed to excellent client experience with a focus on quality provision of health services, by engaging professionally qualified staff, continuous review of its medical practice, systems and processes.
Job Summary: The Accountant: Accounts receivables will be responsible of timely collection of debts and in liaison with healthcare accountants to ensure effective management of Health Care direct billing business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the reconciliation and collection of all claims due
- Responsible for the production and circulation of reports for invoicing and collections on direct billings.
- Work in liaison with the Fund Accountants ensure proper records for all accounts on credit
- Process periodic status report of all accounts in debt
- Respond to issues regarding creditor’s position statement
- Ensure that all debtors are set up appropriately in the finance computer system (ACCPAC) with full details including telephone contacts.
- Oversee effective processing direct billings invoices from health centers and timely submission to clients.
- Monthly collections of all direct billing debt as per the aging analysis on the debtor report.
- Ensure that all payments from debtors are receipted correctly, allocated to the correct account and against appropriate invoices.
- Prepare and circulate Debtors aging list.
- Prepare account analysis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Accountant: Accounts Receivables career opportunity should hold an Undergraduate degree
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. CPA(u) or ACCA
- At least three years’ experience as an accountant two (2) of which should be in debt collection in a busy environment
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Team player and people management skills
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send us their comprehensive applications and up-to-date CVs, copies of certificates including daytime telephone numbers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include three referees, none of whom should be your relative and all of whom should have supervised you, taught you or known you through work. The referees’ information should include day time telephone numbers and email addresses. Please note that only successfully candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline