Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Department
The LDC has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will carry out a variety of operational administrative duties to ensure a smooth running of the Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of receiving and disseminating correspondences, mails and other information for the office;
- Organizing meetings, taking minutes and circulating decisions to the relevant action offices;
- Responsible for receiving and guiding clients to relevant offices;
- Attending to telephone calls;
- Making and following up on appointments;
- In charge of maintaining office cleanliness and orderliness;
- Responsible for developing, maintaining an efficient and effective filing system to minimize loss and misplacement of records.
- Typing of documents and ensuring safe custody of such documents.
- Make appointments and maintaining the Office Diary.
- Attend to day to day administrative matters.
- Ensure timely provision of office supplies, equipment, stationery and other logistics.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with at least two principal passes.
- The Administrative Assistant should also hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized awarding institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a Secretary / Administrative Assistant in a busy organization.
- Previous experience in an academic institution of higher learning shall be a great asset.
- Computer literacy skills especially Microsoft office packages.
- Working knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers and audio equipment.
- The applicant must be detail-oriented.
- Good Public Relations and Customer Care skills
- Skilled at multitasking.
- Good records and information management skills
- Computer knowledge
- Proven ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Be a person of high integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O. Box 7117 Kampala either via post or hand delivery to the Law Development Centre Reception. The applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
Deadline: 27th May, 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline