Job Title: Driver (9 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Coordinator
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive Mildmay vehicles, monitor their condition, and inform the supervisors of any need for maintenance
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective and efficient transport services to MUg staff, clients and visitors.
- Ensure safety and proper maintenance of assigned MUg vehicles
- Support the Transport Coordinator in coordinating and implementing department activities for ensure efficient and effective performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should at least hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (O – Level)
- Possession of a valid driving Permit for the classes of vehicles assigned
- Certificate in defensive driving
- A minimum of three years’ experience in driving organisation vehicles
- Knowledge of motor vehicle operations and mechanics
- Knowledge of traffic laws and rules
- Good driving skills
- Vehicle mechanics basic knowledge
- Good organizational skills
- First Aid skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016