Organisation: Equity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
Job Ref: EBUL 05/2016
About Equity Bank:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modem, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region.
Job Summary: The Business Growth and Development Manager will be responsible for all business activities and initiatives that will further the achievement of the bank’s business objectives at the assigned branch. The incumbent will also be responsible for collaborating with several stakeholders both at branch and head office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and maintain existing business relationships at the assigned branch.
- Oversee the growth of business at the assigned branch through the recruitment of new customers and mobilization of assets, liabilities and other off-balance sheet income streams.
- Manage customer service at the branch level.
- Ensure adherence to the Bank’s policies, procedures and/or internal controls.
- Provide overall leadership to and develop staff at the assigned branch, as well as manage the staff issues in line with the Bank’s HR policies & procedures.
- Continuously undertake local market research to assess competition, customer trends and any emerging developments.
- Promote the bank’s corporate image at the branch level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Business Growth and Development Manager jobs should preferably hold degrees in business a related field from a recognized university.
- At least five years relevant working experience in branch management/operations in a banking environment; of which two years must have been in managing a branch or sector.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-drive, customer centric disposition and proven track record in delivering sales targets.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are interested in joining the banking sector at Equity Bank, please send your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the Job Title or Ref. No. (Check at the Top of Advert) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to post to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Equity Bank (U) Ltd,
P.O. Box 10184 Kampala
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline