Job Title: Assistant Program Officer (5 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Central, Northern, Western, Eastern and Karamoja, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Officer
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Assistant Program Officer will oversee UWEP at the Regional level with key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Programme Implementation:
- Provide administrative support to the programme activities.
- Make follow-up on corrective recommendations made, in order to ensure that there are effected on time.
- Verify women group application files.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relations
- Offer support in reviewing the District annual work plans on UWEP activities.
- Support handling of specific complaints raised within the region
2. Performance Management and Reporting:
- Provide relevant information and documentation on UWEP to the programme officer.
- Prepare and submit activity and programme-based reports.
- Develop annual and Quarterly project work plans.
- Offer support in carrying out monitoring field visits and support supervision.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating Meetings, Workshops and other events planned by the Programme
- Initiate and conduct research relevant to the mandate of the Programme
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Program Officer job placement should preferably be a Ugandan who holds an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Statistics/ Economics/ Development studies or relate field from a recognized University.
- One (1) year of relevant work experience in administration and management of development programmes.
- Familiarity with log frame approach in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Competencies: Computer Literacy, Report writing, Team work, Planning, Organising and coordinating, networking, Good interpersonal and Communication skills, Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline