Job Title: Graduate Trainees (5 Entry Level HR Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct recruitment and selection activities as allocated to facilitate the speedy conclusion of the recruitment and selection process
- The jobholder will create and maintain staff bio-data update to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Plan, design and monitor the implementation of staff development programs so as to enhance staff skills and competence
- Coordinate and implement the URA wellness programs in order to enhance their awareness of their entitlements and make corresponding reports
- Implement and evaluate OD interventions, programs and strategies to enhance continuous organizational renewal and performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Graduate Trainees should hold Honours degrees in any of the following Fields; Human Resource, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Management Science Social Sciences (Administration& Sociology), Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized university
- Candidates with at least two years’ working experience in an HR role are encouraged to apply
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Labour Laws of Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> GRADUATE TRAINEE-> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: Thursday, 23rd June 2016 at 11:59pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline