Job Title: Logistics Assistant (4 Job Placements)
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Manager or Zonal Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will provide administrative support, maintain the Company vehicle and ensure safety of passengers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will drive authorised passengers and/or items in a safe manner.
- Clean and check the mechanical condition of the car on a daily basis.
- Regularly check that the license is valid.
- Carry out preventative and regular maintenance of the car.
- Refuel the car when required.
- Complete the mileage and maintenance log sheets and submit for review.
- The incumbent will deliver official correspondence, mail, items and documents to different stake holders.
- Attend and participate in the deliberations of the Zonal Loans Committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Microfinance Support Centre Ltd Manager Logistics Assistant should preferably hold an Ordinary Level Certificate. Qualification in Motor vehicle maintenance is an added advantage.
- Possess a clean Driving Permit Class B and a certificate in Defensive driving is a must.
- At least five years’ driving experience in employment.
- Ability to speak English. Kiswahili is desirable.
- Ability to build relationships and relate well with others to facilitate accomplishment of work targets.
- Ability to manage self
- Ability to understand and work in a customer centric environment.
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to adopt to traffic and weather conditions.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an Application Form Summary, download here, and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline