Job Title: Inspector of Drugs (4 Entry Level Careers)
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206, Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Inspector of Drugs will carry out routine inspections of drug outlets dealing in the manufacture, handling, importation and distribution of drugs and other healthcare products for compliance to the National Drug Policy Act.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will inspect pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities within the country and abroad for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and report on finding with recommendations
- Inspect premises and facilities that distribute, dispense or keep custody of drugs and other health care products for suitability.
- Mobilize other stakeholders, law enforcement agencies and professional bodies to that participate in inspection
- In charge of the inspection of imported and exported drugs
- Carry out post-market surveillance to verify consistency of standards of practice and quality of drugs on the market
- Carry out sampling of medicines from the market and liaise with the national drug Quality Control Laboratory for analysis
- Conduct intelligence gathering about illicit drug dealers
- Apprehend offenders and confiscate or impound drugs and other health care products suspected to be in contravention of the standards
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Inspector of Drugs jobs should preferably hold an honor’s Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution.
- Registered and an active member of the Pharmaceutical Society Of Uganda
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a reputable pharmaceutical establishment or regulatory institution
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in applications especially Ms office packages
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to participate in field activities, frequently; and sometimes beyond normal working hours
- Excellent presentation skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten or or electronically application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P O Box 23096,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline