Organization: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Graduate Internship Programme aims to equip talented young Ugandan graduates with the skills and practical experience required to work, lead and contribute to development efforts. The programme is implemented by Restless Development. There are opportunities with employers in the banking and financial services, agriculture sector, NGO, and tourism and hospitality sectors, as well as in government. The programme aims to engage talented young people from vulnerable young people and youth living with disabilities.
Internship Terms and Benefits: Interns will benefit from intensive foundation training at the start of their placement. Each intern will be assigned a mentor at their host employer who will provide advice and guidance throughout their placement. In addition, Restless Development will visit each intern at their place of work to assess progress and offer support. Interns will receive a monthly stipend administered by Restless Development and the host employer. Any costs relating to pre-approved activities while at work will be covered by the host employer. Upon successful completion of the internship programme, all participating youth will join a vibrant alumni network through which they can access further training opportunities, career guidance and exposure to prospective employers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Graduate Internship Programme should be Ugandans who possess a diploma with at least two years' experience or a university degree (1st class or 2nd class upper)
- Demonstrate strong leadership experience or potential
- Show commitment to help others and promote community development
- Be entrepreneurial and open to new challenges and ideas
- Be ready to commit to a six month placement
- Age: Between 23-30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should e-mail a completed application form, download here and send it to email@example.com or deliver to the Restless Development office in Kampala (Plot 975 Lutaya Drive, Bukoto, P.O. Box 599, Ntinda, Kampala).
The recruitment process has three stages:
- Your written application will be reviewed by Restless Development.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interactive assessment day. During the assessment day you will participate in 1:1 and group exercises. You will also complete a written test. Your performance will be assessed by a review panel led by Restless Development.
- If you score highly on the assessment day your profile will be shared with a prospective host employer who will invite you to an interview. If successful at the interview, you will be offered a place on the programme.
Deadline: Sunday 29th May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline