Job Title: Team Leader (3 Job Placements)
Organisation: Med-Optics Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Med-Optics Ltd is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide quality ophthalmic and Optical services. Over the last 14 years, Med-Optics has established itself as the top and preferred provider of quality ophthalmic services in Uganda. Our patients can always be assured of quality eye care with attention to detail and follow up to ensure patient satisfaction. We are contracted to serve various insurance patients: UAP, Jubilee, ICEA, IHN, AON, CASE Medcare and Nakasero Health Insurance.
Job Summary: The Team Leader oversees and manages the team. The jobholder communicates service centre goals and deadlines to the team. The incumbent also motivates team members and assesses performance. The team leader provides management assistance to the service centre manager, including supervision, training, and team performance reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the service center manager to ensure effective and efficient management of the service center.
- Ensure proper record keeping and prepare standard/exceptional reports as may be required by the Service Center Manager.
- Manages inventories, including keeping detailed records of inventory use, sales, and advises management on ordering where necessary.
- Manage and supervise the sales and promotion initiates at the service center.
- Ensure updated and accurate patients data at the service center.
- Present Med Optics and its products to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Actively engage in marketing activities to promote the med-optics brand.
3. Sales: Individuals, Insurance and other Corporates:
- Ensure accurate invoicing of patients, insurance companies and direct corporate companies.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process through clear guidance and support to the sales Assistants.
- Ensure timely delivery of invoices as per agreed terms and conditions.
- Follow-up on payments and ensure compliance to terms and conditions of payments.
- Ensure compliance with cash collection guidelines.
- Ensure safe custody of cash collections and subsequent banking.
5. People Management:
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Answers team member questions, help with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- With the assistance of the Service Center Manager ensure proper performance management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Two years in team leadership in a similar industry.
- Working knowledge and experience of patient/ customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Working knowledge of the product (Trends of frame styles) an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge or fluency in other languages apart from English favorable.
- Ability to Lead and Supervise.
- Able to Work with People.
- Able to Deliver Results and Meet Customer Expectations.
- Follow Instructions and Procedures.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to email@example.com. Please don’t attach any other documents; it is not a requirement at this point.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the 15th June, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline