Job Title: Station Manager (3 Career Opportunities)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Station Manager will be in charge of the day-to-day management and supervision of assigned Vehicle Inspection Station (VIS) operations to ensure that operations are run smoothly and according to SGS quality guidelines. The incumbent will have the overall responsibility of ensuring integrity, excellent customer service delivery and application of the rules of procedure in the overall operations of the VIS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all VIS operations are carried out according to agreed procedures and in line with SGS quality standards
- Uphold safety, health, environment and quality requirements and standards and ensure system equipment integrity
- The jobholder will supervise and review the performance of all VIS staff to ensure quality of the VIS operations
- Work closely with the maintenance manager to ensure that all VIS maintenance activities are carried out per schedule
- The incumbent will also maintain full records of both technical and administrative work at VIS and report to Operations Manager on the same; prepare monthly management report on VIS operations.
- Ensure new procedures and processes to be introduced as part of VIS operations are effectively and clearly communicated to all VIS staff and assisting with training on the same, as required.
- The incumbent will mentor and train VIS staff and manage the team to ensure the best is derived from them at all times;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the local authorities, partners and the general within the VIS area of operation and report to management on any issues arising
- Responsible for preparing annual budget for the station and working within the approved budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the SGS Station Manager Jobs should hold a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive)
- At least four years’ experience in a similar role, with experience in supervision of staff
- The applicant should hold active Engineers’ Registration Board Membership
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate and lead a team towards a Common goal.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management, third-party providers, internal & external customers and clients
- Ability to work autonomously and to plan/coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline