Job Title: M&E Coordinator (3 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID STAR-E Project
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Specialist (HMIS)
Job ID: 13-9054
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID STAR-E Project:
STAR-E a 5-year USAID-supported District-based HIV/ TB Project ending in March 2015, focuses on the prevention, care, and treatment of HIV/TB in health facilities and communities, headquartered in Mbale, with activities in Budaka, Bududa, Bukwo, Busia, Butaleja, Kapchorwa, Mbale, Pallisa, Bulambuli, Kween, Kibuku and Sironko districts.
Job Summary: The M&E Coordinator’s primary role is to provide technical support to health facilities within the clinical mentorship team. The M&E Coordinator will be a key member of the mentorship team, focusing on data quality management functions, including but not limited to ensuring that health facilities' documentation is complete and correct. This especially involves monitoring the quality and completeness of patient cards, and registers, as well as monthly and quarterly summary reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a team member, participate in the mentorship team's implementation of all planned activities for the project.
- The incumbent will visit health facilities on the continuous basis, leading the team’s review of HF documentation.
- Work closely with Health Facilities' health workers, data staff and para-professionals to ensure documentation is accurate, and complete.
- Work closely with the district staff, especially the bio-statisticians, to ensure Health Facilities' data is entered into the district HMIS database.
- Work with the project M&E team to support DQA activities.
- Prepare and submit written reports on activities carried out, highlighting lessons learned and challenges faced during the course of these activities.
- Support the M&E team to facilitate trainings related to data entry and management.
- Carry out other tasks appropriate to the position as identified.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID M&E Coordinator jobs should hold undergraduate degrees and any other relevant postgraduate qualification preferred.
- At least two years of particular experience in this field, preferably on M&E and Data management.
- Familiarity with the MoH HMIS system and tools advantageous.
- Good knowledge of computer software, especially Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and database management using Access, Epi Info, SPSS and STATA.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Ability to work in the field.
- Ability to take critical decisions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline