Organization: Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV) Ministries
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager-FOC REV
Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV) Ministries Uganda is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, inter-denominational charitable organization that was established in 1999 by a group of volunteers as a response to a crisis caused by HIV &AIDS and poverty in rural communities in Uganda. FOC-REV Ministries Uganda exists to work with the poor and marginalized rural people to improve their livelihood and increase self-reliance through education support, health services advocacy, food security and networking.
About USAID SOCY Project:
Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV) Ministries Uganda will be implementing a Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) project targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Hoima district, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The SOCY project interventions shall be focusing primarily on OVC Case Management and household economic strengthening through savings groups and associated interventions and parenting/caregiver programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and coordination support for sub-county levels case management systems strengthening efforts
- The incumbent will oversee the logistics for all key case management activities including assessments, trainings and technical assistance
- Acts as the focal person for staff TA requests, follow-up and linkages within the project and across partners
- Strengthen case management referral between clinic and socio-economic services
- Offer support to districts and CSOs to develop evidence-based plans and strategies for improved OVC service delivery and case management
- Plan and conduct training and orientation sessions for community OVC volunteers in HIV/AIDS care and support, case management and referral coordination for improved
- Maintain the project calendar on key trainings and meetings; initiate dialogue on potential conflicts and solutions
- Actively participate in regular (quarterly) updating of the District OVC service directory
- Prepare monthly case management reports, quarterly, annual and end of project reports
- Manage the documentation including filing and storage of case management tools, sample documents, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.
- In charge of tracking progress through Household action Plans
- Document case management best practices for sharing across program teams and with CSO and government partners
- Oversee the overall implementation of case management activities
- Significantly contribute to the growth, consolidation and sustainability of FOC REV
- Represent FOC REV at conferences, workshops and meetings to share and disseminate research reports, best practices and other project documentaries on vulnerable children and youth
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Officer - Case Management jobs should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, public health, social sciences, education or related qualification from recognized university
- Possession of a Post-graduate training in child protection methodologies and best practices
- One year of experience in implementing child protections in partnership with local governments and/or CSOs
- Previous experience/knowledge of case management identification and assessments, planning, referral and support services, monitoring, review and closure tools will be added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed ability to problem solving
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and take initiative.
- Strong capabilities in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Demonstrated potential for learning new skills
- Familiarity with OVC- and HIV-related programming
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs, cover letters and relevant documentation via email or hand deliver to the Executive Director, FOC-REV, Emunnu Complex, Plot 10 Busia Municipality.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 10th May 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline