Job Title: Credit Officer (3 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Zonal Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer will actively promote and provide Credit and business development services to clients at the zonal offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will grow the business by identifying clients
- Conduct loan appraisals for applying clients and recommend to the Zonal Manager for a credit decision.
- Recover the loans in accordance with the loan agreements.
- Build, strengthen and manage the relationships between the MSC and clients.
- Provide technical guidance/assistance to the clients to use sound practices in their organizations.
- Actively participate in promotion and dissemination of relevant information, procedures and guidelines about the MSC to different stakeholders.
- Take part in the process of defaulter recovery at the zonal office.
- Compile periodic performance reports on clients under his/her areas of supervision for submission to the Zonal Manager.
- Supervise clients to abide by the agreed loan terms in the contract.
- Actively participate in drawing work plans and budgets for the zones.
- Maintain Zonal Office loans and recoveries ledgers.
- Actively participate in identification of Risks and provide mitigation at the Zonal level.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Increased credit portfolio in the Zone
- Proper and timely assessment of credit application.
- Well maintained loan portfolio.
- Support clients in adherence to credit procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Microfinance Support Centre Ltd Manager Credit Officer jobs should preferably hold Degrees (Honours) in Microfinance, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Rural Economy, Commerce, Agriculture or any other related discipline from recognized Universities
- A minimum of three years of related work experience in Microfinance or Credit delivery to MFIs, SACCOs, SMEs; commercial banks etc.
- Previous exposure and experience in various computer packages.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in teams with dynamism, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High levels of integrity.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an Application Form Summary, download here, and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline