Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/13/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Community Organizer (IRM) will empower communities through trainings, exposures, monitoring and reporting of their activities at community levels.
- Always ensure that the communities have focus during the implementation towards self-reliance.
- Work to implement tools for mainstreaming risk and measuring the net socio-economic benefits of risk reduction, including a set of guidance notes for adapting existing development planning; project appraisal and evaluation tools to factor in risk reduction.
- Conduct awareness meetings on Disaster Risk Reduction, preparedness, Climate Change Adaptation and prompt the communities to take action on them.
- In charge of writing activities, monthly, quarterly and any other relevant reports with clear outcome and submit them to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to the organizational values and actively promote their application amongst colleagues and community members.
- Account promptly for the program/ organization resources and funds under your care.
- Plan and work with the community climate change centers
- Support the development of IEC materials
- Actively participate in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Support community groups to develop community action plans and contingency plans
- The jobholder will empower communities through trainings, exposures, monitoring and reporting of their activities at community levels.
- Guide the communities to have focus during the implementation of activities towards self-reliance.
- Actively participate in developing proposal for any upcoming emergency need.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Community Organizer (IRM) should hold a Diploma or Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of three years’ experience and proven background in development management and programming,
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer applications and writing skills
- Excellent command of English and Ngakarimojong
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline