Job Title: Programme Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Department for International Development (DFID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 45,329,513 - 70,330,769 per annum
The Department for International Development (DFID) leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. We’re ending the need for aid by creating jobs, unlocking the potential of girls and women and helping to save lives when humanitarian emergencies hit. The Department for International Development (DFID) has been working in Uganda to improve the quality of essential services and help protect the most vulnerable. Uganda aspires to be a middle income country by 2040. Revenue from oil production and successful regional economic integration could help achieve this sooner. Since 2005, economic growth has averaged 7% annually and inward investment has doubled. Less than a quarter of the population now lives below the national poverty line, down from a third in 2006.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer will provide high quality and timely programme management advice / support and inputs to enable effective and efficient programme delivery. The incumbent will be required to manage and/or engage with multiple projects/programmes simultaneously within their team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the design and delivery of new projects/ programmes, including the development of Business Cases, logical frameworks, due diligence assessments and formalisation of agreements.
- The incumbent will manage all operational/implementation aspects of programme management - in accordance with DFID guidance.
- Provide accurate forecasting for programmes on a monthly basis, and provide this information at the monthly programme forecasting meetings.
- Work closely with the Lead Adviser/Senior Responsible Owner to maintain a risk ojatrix for projects/programmes and ensure that they are discussed /updated on a quarterly basis.
- The incumbent will build and strengthen networks with counterparts in the Government of Uganda, development agencies and civil society organisations to explain and support delivery of DFID policies.
- Ensure all public facing documents for projects are in line with DFID’s transparency initiative.
- Offer technical support in developing the corporate communication agenda. This includes, but is not limited to branding. Parliamentary Question’s, and Ministerial Correspondence related to projects lead areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the DFID Programme Officer job vacancy should hold a graduate level degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration or any related field.
- At least five years of significant experience in programme/project management
- Excellent (English) verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills with a proficiency in Office applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
Personal Competencies: Changing and improving, Making effective decisions, Delivering at pace, Collaborating & Partnering, Delivering Value for Money and Building Capability for all
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should request the Application Form from this E-mail AfricaHrHubRecruit@Dfid.gov.uk. The subject line must read “B2 Programme Officer – Uganda.” The candidate must complete and send back the form with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject line must read “B2 Programme Officer – Uganda.”
Deadline: 13th May 2016
NB: All applicants who don’t hear from us by 27th May should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline