Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Eskom Uganda Limited is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the “Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.”
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will support Eskom in ensuring economic and efficient procurement of goods and services that meet the Quality standards, in line with both company and procurement strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for supplier relationship management.
- In charge of preparing high level project and routine purchasing reports as required (monthly)
- Update and maintain records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases
- Responsible for implementing the bidding processes for goods, works and Services in accordance with standard tender procedures
- Resolve delivery problems and complaints, vendor disputes concerning contract obligations, as well as verbal and written protests from unsuccessful bidders
- Administer contracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with bid specifications, requirements, vendor performance, delivery receipt, contract compliance, payment scheduling, etc.
- Serve on evaluation and tender committees as required and participate in contract negotiations
- Regularly review and analyze all purchases to ensure justification exists for tender awards and policy is followed
- Develop mitigation measures to curb the risk inherent in the procurement process
- Provide timely feedback to user departments.
- Responsible for departmental administrative issues such as maintaining/revising policies and procedures
- Interpret purchasing policies, relay instructions of policy and procedure revision to other departments
- Conducts research, prepare reports and analyze data as needed to support operations and to provide assistance to other departments
- Represents department at various meetings with administration, vendors, external agencies, professional organizations, and other groups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supplies, Logistics management.
- Possession of Professional qualifications e.g. CIPS, CILT is a must
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role in an industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of the PPDA act.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of tenacity and integrity
- Highly proactive
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and updated CVs including three professional referees to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL),
Nalubaale Power Station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd May 2016