Organisation: Essential Home Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Essential Home Services is the first and the only professional house-help and personal care service brokering agency in Uganda. Licensed by the Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development, we pride in keeping homes and business premises safe, clean and comfortable by providing experienced, highly trained and reliable domestic helpers at a simple and competitive rates.
Job Summary: The Marketing Assistant Intern will offer support in the planning and executing our marketing strategy. The positions require responsibility for managing marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. The day-to-day tasks include managing and coordinating marketing, leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services. The marketing strategy is to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of a company through various goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan marketing and branding objectives.
- Expand product solutions and offerings.
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
- Keenly analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Prepare and adhere to budgets.
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing materials.
- Design print ads and publications.
- Ensure brand messages are consistent.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Engage consumers on social media.
- Build and manage relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Lead all areas of content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Take calculated risks based on data-driven analytics.
- Drive overall CRM and direct marketing.
- Actively engage other companies and organizations within the community.
- Collaborate with sales and sourcing to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Work with a team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be continuing students of Bachelor or Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Marketing from a recognized university or tertiary institution. Applicants awaiting graduation will also be considered.
- The applicant must have already attained marketing internship experience.
- Good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills who is extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Previous experience working with and using our technology tools would be a plus, but not required including: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, emails, etc.), Marketo and SalesForce
- Basic knowledge of desktop publishing and web technologies is desired
- The applicant should be proficient in the use of social media platforms
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment, while juggling multiple projects with competing priorities
- A positive attitude, an energetic personality, and the personal drive to learn, grow, and expand your Marketing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential for the position, as are good copy writing skills.
Internship Terms and Benefits:
- This is an excellent opportunity for to gain first-hand experience working in a fast moving industry while expanding your marketing knowledge.
- Opportunity to do your internship in a dynamic and innovative environment and have a chance to independently try out your own marketing ideas.
- Finish your university internship obligations.
- Competitive commission rates.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an electronic copy of their updated CVs and cover letters (do not attach academic documents) to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put your name and the position you are applying for e.g. MOTOKA_JOHN_MARKETING_ASST.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd June 2016 by 5pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline