Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Sponsorship Systems Assistant will offer technical support to Child Sponsorship Operations management in the Cluster so as to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in meeting WVU and WVI standards as well as child wellbeing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Child Sponsorship Systems:
- The incumbent will manage sponsorship systems as per set both technical and business requirements and guidelines.
- Conduct timely system maintenance and updates as per NO guidelines
- Provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by NO and GC/SOs
- Support CSDF, CSDAs and local stakeholders on utilization of both system and initiative forms and gadgets (i.e IDcard scanners)
2. Child Sponsorship Operations:
- In a timely manner, enter quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring information into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs)
- Compile, analyze and give periodical systems and Child Wellbeing reports to the CSDO for the improvement of the Cluster Sponsorship performance and well being of Children especially RCs.
- Follow through and ensure the to-do list items resolved critical management actions are performed
2. Communication and Sponsor Relations in the Cluster:
- The incumbent will coordinate communication between sponsors and RC for the allocated ADPs
- Communicate with Support office in compliance with sponsorship standards
- Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
- Keenly monitor and advise the CSDOs on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs to the allocated ADPs with the CSDO.
- Perform an intermediary role on critical communications between allocated ADPs and NO/SOs.
3. Child Protection:
- Ensure that Videos and photos being sent to National Office in Kampala, Support Offices/Global Center have consent of forms signed by guardian.
- Through periodical sampling, provide formal feedback to CSDO on the status of allocated Area Development Programs in terms of Child Protection. These include but not limited to Registered Child Validation, cluster (Child Files) and consent form compliancy in line with Child Protection standard.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Child Sponsorship Systems Assistant Jobs should hold University Degrees in information Technology, Computer Science
- Certification and knowledge in database management i.e. A+, MCDST, ECDL, MCSE, CCNA are added advantages
- Previous experience in handling sponsorship data/information desired
- Impeccable integrity.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Core Values: Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on Core Values.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline