Job Title: Medical Officer (2 Employment Vacancies)
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Adult care/Head of Paediatric
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will provide exceptional health service provider, who contributes to the meticulous management of patients, families and communities at Mildmay Uganda and supported sites for improved health outcomes of clients and their communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct meticulous assessment, accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of HIV and other health conditions in children, adolescents and adults under care at MUg and supported sites in order to reduce HIV and other health related morbidity, mortality and transmission in communities
- Build competence of health workers and capacity of health facilities to scale up service delivery for improved clinical practice, health systems and patient/community outcomes.
- Actively participate and support the functionality (working) of clinical teams to proficiently deliver an integrated PCT health service for Mug clients and supported communities to improve their health outcomes
- Work in liaison with the Research team, conduct and publish research in reputable peer review journals and contribute to the body of medical evidence, thereby promoting best clinical practices of HCWs, informing and influencing national and international policy.
- Appropriately manage and account for assigned organizational funds so as to enable achievement of the planned activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Medical Degree (MBChB)
- Registration and up to date Practicing Licence with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council
- A minimum of three years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and management
- Working knowledge of the WHO and National ART, EMTCT and TB guidelines
- Ability to mentor others
- Good teaching and mentorship skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Highly analytical and critical thinking
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at email@example.com clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline