Job Title: Maintenance Technician (2 Job Placements)
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician will carry out maintenance of site buildings, equipment/ fixtures and related activities and to ensure adequate supply of water, electricity and gas for the smooth delivery of organisational activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage clinical and non-clinical site waste to create a safe working environment
- Maintain buildings and equipments to ensure a conducive safe working environment for MUg staff, clients and participants.
- Ensure the centre, patients, staff, visitor, and equipment are safe from fire out break
- Ensure adequate and timely supply of water, electricity and gas for the smooth execution of site activities
- Oversee maintenance work, prepare reports on work carried out in the department and to participate on other organisational activities
- In charge of the management of the public address system
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Ordinary Diploma or Advanced Certificate in a branch of engineering (e.g. electrical, plumbing, building)
- A minimum of three years of maintenance work, preferably in building maintenance.
- Working knowledge of building and equipment maintenance
- Working knowledge on electrical installation
- Supervision skills
- Fire fighting skills
- Good report writing skills
- Time management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline