Job Title: Maintenance Officer (2 Job Placements)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Officer will conduct the maintenance of all VIS equipment and ensure proper installation and calibration of equipment in accordance with SGS safety, health, environment and quality requirements and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will ensure the VIS are functioning at minimum downtime and all issues are sorted out within set time lines.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment is scheduled and done in time
- Report to the Maintenance Manager of all faults and troubleshooting of failures on site.
- Ensure proper documentation of equipment maintenance j and required procedures.
- Ensure proper follow-up with level 2 support for all issues beyond level 1.
- The Maintenance Officer will work closely with the systems administrators on site to ensure proper integration of system hardware and software
- In charge of preparing and submitting weekly and monthly technical reports for all weighbridge systems.
- Resolves maintenance issues in a timely manner with minimal disturbance to Vehicle Inspection Services output.
- Responsible to conduct root cause analysis for any major break down of the equipment
- Uphold safety, health, environment and quality requirements and standards and ensure system equipment integrity
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the SGS Maintenance Officer careers should hold a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering)
- At least two to four years’ experience in an engineering role with experience in general maintenance of equipment
- The applicant should hold active Engineers’ Registration Board Membership
- Excellent technical analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
- Must be willing to travel to various VIS within Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline