Job Title: Human Resource Officer (2 Career Jobs)
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will offer support in the strategic management of Mildmay Uganda’s Human Resources by implementing HR policies, processes and procedures that are aligned with and effectively support the achievement of the organisation’ objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage MUg payrolls in line with staff contractual obligations, legal requirements and Mildmay Uganda’s budgetary requirements to ensure prompt, accurate and consistent salary payments so as to maintain a motivated work force
- Facilitate and manage staff attendance to duty in line with the legal and staff contractual obligations to ensure compliance.
- The jobholder will facilitate implementation of MUg Human Resource policies to promote best practice and an organisational culture that supports motivation and retention of staff.
- Significantly contribute to the provision of HR technical support to MUg supported districts for the achievement of MUg’s strategic objectives
- Maintain an effective Human Resource Information system and ensure that provides up to date and accurate staff related information for proper decision making and best practice
- Facilitate implementation of MUg staff welfare and benefits schemes that promotes motivation and retention of staff and are in line with legal and contractual requirements
- Manage and coordinate the volunteer program for provision of services in a manner that ensures effective and efficient support to MUg’s activities
- Ensure an efficient HR administrative function that supports effective organisation communication and HR records management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology Or a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Sciences/Administration, with a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A minimum of three years’ experience in HR practice
- Organisational and management skills
- Skills in policy formulation and strategic planning
- Prior team leadership & people management skills
- Technical employment legislation knowledge
- Good analytical and critical thinking
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at email@example.com clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline