Job Title: Research Assistant (2 Data Job Placements)
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Officer
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Research Assistant will collect and manage data required for the management of the Programme
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Data Collection, Management and Usage:
- Offer support in the development of guides and tools for data collection and adapt existing tools and instruments for UWEP implementation.
- Provide support in the creation of user friendly information and research tools to share with other stakeholders in District Local Governments and Women groups.
- Ensure that procedural guidelines for research under UWEP are followed and reviewed when necessary to ensure that they remain clear, relevant and effective.
- Work closely with M&E Officer routinely generate, analyse and disseminate UWEP data to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare Reports (activity based and programme based)
2. Capacity Building and Training:
- Routinely guide District Local Governments and Women group leaders on the systematic use of tools /instruments such as checklists during Monitoring
- Support the M&E Unit to effectively Monitor and to collect and collate data, and to use findings in Planning, Implementation and Management decision making
- Provide support to develop action plans and intervention strategies for Programme implementation based on reports and evaluations
- Support in preparation of Work plans (quarterly, annually)
- Support the adaptation of forms used for recording or collecting information on UWEP implementation issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Research Assistant vacancy should preferably be a Ugandan who holds an Honors Degree in Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Population Studies, Demography, Public Policy or Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- The applicants should have one year of relevant working experience
- Competent in Research and information management.
- Competencies: Proficiency in Computer application programs especially Microsoft Office is a requirement, Interpersonal and Communication skills, Ethics and Integrity, Team work, Planning, Organizing and Coordination.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline