Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sales Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Job Summary: The Territory Sales Executive will primarily ensure availability of UHMG products in the assigned territory and grow market coverage as per UHMG’s sales targets and objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for providing professional marketing and sales services for UHMG pharmaceutical products. Key expectations are achievement of sales targets, increased customer base and good customer relationship management with focus to growth and sustainability in all market segments where UHMG has a presence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a sales plan of UHMG products in allocated territories as per sales targets.
- Visit targeted customers on regular intervals and interact with prescribing practitioners (Medical Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, and In-Charges) to sensitize them about UHMG selected products and promote their usage.
- Target and develop strong relationships with product applicable practitioners and gain their commitment to prescribe selected products.
- Secure expert endorsement and recommendation for selected products within Health facilities in the private sector.
- Maintain accurate records of all work completed and planned in the territory including accurate segmentation and targeting of all prescribers
- Routinely service existing accounts and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- The incumbent will ensure that trade margins and sales prices of products in the assigned territory/region are in line with set standards and pricing policy.
- Ensure the timely collection of payments for sales made to customers and distributors by UHMG.
- Prepare and submit activity plans and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly/Monthly work plans, and monthly and annual territory reports.
- Handles territory route sales and sales promotional activities as per plan.
- Keenly monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and developments in the market.
- Resolve customer complaints in liaison with customer relations officer by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on allocated territory including current and potential customer lists, competitor products and price and other important market information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Diplomas or Bachelor’s degrees in a Health related-field, Life sciences i.e. Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health, Laboratory, Orthopedics, Medicine etc. Training in marketing, sales or business management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in sales and marketing preferably Pharmaceutical products.
- Excellent track record of proven sales.
- The applicant should have competences in managing key accounts and channel marketing, technically knowledgeable about the products being marketed, overall brand sales and promotions skills, territory management, and good business acumen.
- The person should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, be proactive, smart and results orientated.
- Basic knowledge of the local market including various local languages in Uganda.
- The applicant should be flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, report compilation, communication, and interpersonal and team work skills.
- Takes initiatives, innovative, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate integrity, trust and reliability as an executive of UHMG in the market place.
- Good overall sales and marketing knowledge including planning, organizational, advertising and sales promotion skills.
- Good communication and public relations.
- Multi-skilled and able to handle multitudes of tasks and, able to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural environment within the organization.
- The applicant should be willing to uphold the Core Values of UHMG i.e. Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic documents, and telephone and email contacts to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd.; Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 10th May 2016 by 4:00 pm (East African Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline