Job Title: Electrician (2 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: Entebbe Handling Services (ENHAS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Entebbe Handling Services, ENHAS has been in existence since April 1996. Along the years, our clientele has grown from 5 Airlines to 19 regular scheduled Airlines, and many more special flights. To develop quality services, ENHAS have organized to be certified by IATA Airport Handling Manual 804 where we enter into Service Level Agreements, ISAGO (IATA safety Audit for Ground Operations) which acts as a model for operational risk and safety management, DGR (Dangerous Goods Regulations) training centre thus we offer training for dangerous goods and, very recently by RA3 to screen cargo only from validated entities as required by EU regulations.
Job Summary: The Electrician will carry out all repairs and maintain electrical/electronic systems of heavy and light automotive vehicles and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot malfunction of electrical/electronic systems by visual inspection, electronic diagnostic tool, using standard testing Equipment on vehicle/ equipment and coordinate with Foreman or Team leader on day today activities.
- The jobholder will read technical manuals, schematics and auto electric control circuit diagrams to aid in troubleshooting.
- Install/replace electrical unit such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in cars and install electrically/electronic operated accessories.
- Carry-out wiring on all control panels in main switch gear, Generators, GPU, air conditioning systems in vehicles/buses and control valves, pumps, auto shift transmission, common rail diesel engines (tier 3)
- Use electronic service tool or diagnostic computer to reset, find out the error codes and solve it.
- Maintain safety standards and comply to company health, safety and environment management system requirements.
- Perform the full range of fleet maintenance and respond to emergency calls whenever called upon.
- Render support in the implementation of workshop policy and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the workshop.
- Complete records on all the maintenance and repair work performed on daily basis.
- Perform any other assigned duties from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an Automotive Electrician for all types of Equipment and vehicles.
- Broad working knowledge in; Methods, materials, equipment and tools used in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to perform a variety of duties in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing vehicles and equipment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to work with one of Aviation’s leading companies, ENHAS, please submit an updated CV and Cover letter to: The Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 560, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 3rd June 2016 by 5.00p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline