Job Title: Cashier (2 Entry Level Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Cashier will provide financial assistance to the customer in regards to payment for inspection services, including determining fees payable by each customer, receiving payments and issuing payment receipts to customers as well as provide administrative support to the VIS to ensure smooth operations on a day to day basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect inspection fees, verify payments made through non-cash platforms and issue payment receipts to customers
- The incumbent will maintain records for each customer payment and ensure accurate entry into the system. Prepare and submit reports on the same as required.
- Receive and address phone calls, emails, mails from customers in relation to payment for vehicle inspection services.
- In charge of VIS petty cash, making timely requests for the same, ensure that all petty cash is accounted for and prepare monthly petty cash reports. Ensure that cash received at Vehicle Inspection Station is receipted and banked on time in accordance with company guidelines
- The Cashier will provide administrative support to the VIS including filing financial and other records for easy retrieval and ordering for Vehicle Inspection Station supplies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the SGS Cashier career jobs should hold a Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting major). Bachelor of Science in Accounting or in any other related course.
- Professional certification i.e. CPA Level 1 would be an added advantage
- One to two years ’experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Accounting software and other computer applications eg MS Word, MS Excel & Internet
- Excellent numeric skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline