Job Title: Driver – Regional Office (2 Vacancies)
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Mbale and Masindi, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer, Regional Office
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Driver will support the Regional through the provision of transport services and maintain vehicles in line with directorate’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver will handle the documentation and distribution of UCC documents within the region and to and from Headquarters.
- Manage transport at the region in good and sound condition at all times;
- Ensure proper security of the office vehicles and motor cycles in the region.
- Support the Assistant Officer Administration to ensure the office and environment is clean.
- Assist the Assistant Officer Administration to ensure all invoices for services provided to the regional office such as utilities are received and processed for payment so that there is no disruption of services to the regional office.
- Support the Assistant Officer Administration to ensure the office is well supplied with refreshments on working days during working hours.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The driver must at least hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) certificate. Possession of a Diploma in motor vehicle mechanics and certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage
- The applicant should also hold a clean valid driver’s License;
- At least five years’ experience in driving in a similar corporate setting Skills, Knowledge
- Good driving skills
- Possess defensive driving skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High degree of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs including all scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline