Job Title: Branch Manager (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala and Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will implement strategic plans and manage branch operations in order to achieve the branch targets in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage and direct a focused sales team in the branch to be able to meet set work plans and branch objectives including customer numbers, new account opening.
- The jobholder will manage and direct the recovery and monitoring team to achieve or exceed the set NPA and PAR levels.
- The incumbent will inculcate a cost awareness culture in the team by setting cost management standards and guidelines and following up to ensure that there is no wastage.
- Grow the loan portfolio by selling all the Bank products as per the set targets and by ensuring that loan applications are processed efficaciously, speedily and in line with set credit guidelines.
- Ensure the continuous availability of quality staff at the branch through effective succession planning, cross training, and leave planning.
- Manage and enforce a team of focused staff who deliver the customer service set standards. Continually assess employee skills, identify gaps and arrange training where needed, in consultation with the HR department.
- Set targets for staff, review performance against them regularly and take action to remedy under of target performance.
- Keenly review regularly mandates of accounts opened in the branch.
- Manage the overall operations of the branch and ensure that all branch activities comply with the laid down processes and procedures, operating risks are minimized and best practice standards achieved.
- Roll out and enforce customer service standards within the Branch, monitor customer satisfaction and ensure prompt resolution of complaints.
- Ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Branch Manager job opportunity should hold a University degree
- Professional qualification in banking i.e. ACIB, Credit Certification
- The applicant should have a Banker for the last four years
- Working knowledge of bank’s laid down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Working knowledge of socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of the code of Banking practice
- Knowledge of risk management and credit principles
- Working knowledge of Branch accounting and transactional procedures, systems and processes.
- Previous experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Good people management skills, including team building, motivation and team goal planning
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 17th May 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 2nd May 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline